What started as my little one watching me paint murals and wanting to create them too - has inspired me to find a way to create kits so all age children (and teens/adults too) can experience the joy of painting in a new way.
Sy (my 5 year old) was the first to test out a painting kit and not only is the finished product fun to look at - the overall experience has made me want to give this to others. I watched as confidence grew and excitement in the creative process took over. Everyday Sy was excited to work more on this project and seeing the art come together.
How IT WORKS
1. You choose any image you’d like to paint.
2. It will be created in to a kit that includes:
- 15 paints in the correct color palette
- 1 paint brush
- 1 painting tray
- 25 lightly printed & greyscale painting papers
- 25 laminated reference sheets
- Helpful painting tips for your image
3. Pick up your kit and begin painting.
4. Drop off your kit when finished.
5. Your image will be assembled, adhered to a 2ftx2ft
panel board, glazed and a 1” black frame painted
on along with a hanging hook added to the back.
Why a kit?
Learning to break an image down in to sections of colors and seeing the shapes and placements is a fun and useful skill in creating. These kits will help you to learn that a beautiful piece of art does not need to be perfectly blended together.
What really makes a piece fun to look at is seeing the different brush strokes and colors and this is well achieved by painting through these kits. Why not just do a paint by number kit you say? A paint by number is more rigid in it’s design. These kits allow for more creative freedom and have the added bonus of being an image that you personally choose.